Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Equipping students with 21st century skills to serve a constantly changing world.
BYOD is designed to enable students to broaden research capacity and increase learning modalities. The laptop is not the focus of the goal, but the tool that connects instruction to technology.
What are the benefits of a BYOD program?
- Expansion of the learning environment
- Expansion of critical thinking strategies
- Equitable access to high quality content
- An understanding of digital citizenship (appropriate and responsible technology use)
- Increased collaboration, student to student and student to teacher
- Improved communication between students, faculty, and parents
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly in multiple formats
- College and career readiness