Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
BYOD enables students to broaden research capacity and increase learning modalities. The device is not the focus, but the tool that connects instruction to technology.
What are the benefits of a BYOD program?
• Expansion of the learning environment
• Expansion of critical thinking strategies
• Equitable access to high quality content
• An understanding of digital citizenship (responsible technology use)
• Increased collaboration, student to student and student to teacher
• Improved communication between students, faculty, and parents
• Ability to articulate ideas clearly in multiple formats
• College and career readiness