Employment at KCHS
Knoxville Catholic High School (KCHS) has a total enrollment of 645 students and employees 100 faculty and staff members. Nearly 70 percent of our faculty hold advanced degrees. KCHS is consistently named one of the “Top 50 Catholic High School” in the nation by the Cardinal Newman Society—recognized for excellence in academics, leadership, and Catholic identity.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Mental Health, and Prescription Drug benefits. Our United Healthcare PPO plan is self-insured through the Diocese of Knoxville and offers $15 office copays and 90% coverage for inpatient hospital services.
- Group term life Insurance through UnumProvident offering a $50,000 benefit and Accidental Death Insurance through Mutual of Omaha, also offering a $50,000 benefit. Long-Term Disability is available at 60% of covered monthly earnings. These plans are all offered at no cost to the employee.
- Full-time employees are enrolled in the Diocese of Knoxville Lay Pension Plan at their date of hire. The Diocese contributes 5.5% of employee salary to the plan with no employee participation or cost. Employees are partially vested after 3 years of service and fully vested after seven years.
- Employees may contribute to a Wells Fargo 403b Retirement Savings Plan, subject to IRS limits, with KCHS matching contributions dollar for dollar up to 3% of your pay.
- KCHS pays up to 50% toward approved pursuance of advanced degrees. Additionally, continuing education and professional development opportunities are subsidized to help teachers integrate new learning strategies, enhance curriculum, and improve classroom management.
- Download our Employee Benefits Flyer
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to: Jane Walker, Academic Dean.
Email Jason Surlas, Athletic Director, for more information about openings within our Athletic Department.