In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Today we celebrate the Memorial of Saint Stanislaus, Bishop and Martyr.
O God, for whose honor the Bishop Saint Stanislaus fell beneath the swords of his persecutors, grant we pray, that we may persevere strong in faith even until death. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen.
- Birthday wishes go out to: Reece Kelley
- The Men’s Soccer teams travel to Central today. Reserves take on Central’s JV at 5:00 and the First Team kicks off against the varsity at 7:00. Game updates on Twitter.
- Congratulations to the following students for placing in the top ten in their subject area at the TMTA Math Contest yesterday at Carson-Newman.
- Peter Ayo, Chase fuller, Alice LeTran, Lincoln Murr, Maggie Padgett, Katie Holt, Carly Slough, Matthew Valderama, and Riley Belt.
- Irish baseball picked up a 6-3 victory over Lenoir City. The team is back in action tonight at 5pm @ Hardin Valley.
- Both tennis teams added a district win yesterday, the lady Irish winning 9-0 while the boys won 5-4. Winning in singles were Jack Newman, Davis Clem, Abe Atwood and Chris Paul. Doubles winners were Josh Borja/Jack Newman. Singles winners for the girls were Keileen Cullen, Sarah Allen, Ansley Turley, Neely Wilson, Ann Caroline Harris and Abby Bedaya. Doubles winners were Sara Allen/Ansley Turley, Keileen Cullen/Neely Wilson and Ann Caroline Harris/Elisabeth Perry. Our next match is next Tuesday against West! Come out and support Irish tennis!
- The Lady Irish softball team defeated West yesterday 17-1. Brianna Costello got the win; Kaitlin Gast had 4 RBIs in the contest. The team travels to Heritage today.
- Chick Fil A sandwiches for sale after school Wednesday at concession stand.
- Auditions for the May 12th Coffee Fest will be April 26th and 27th after school. If you are interested in being an MC please contact Kate Cacopardo or Jessica Summitt.
- Attention, sophomores; if you are interested in being on the Prom Committee and planning next year’s prom, you must attend a brief meeting in Mrs. Chady’s room, B201, at the beginning of lunch today. All interested sophomores should attend.