On this Wednesday of Holy Week we pray –
In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
O God, who willed your Son to submit for our sake to the yoke of the Cross, so that you might drive from us the power of the enemy, grant us, your servants, to attain the grace of the resurrection. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever. Amen
In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen.
- Birthday wishes go out to: Cooper Whitt
- The Irish Fighting For Life club photo will be today at break. Please meet in the gym.
- Attention all football players, not involved in a spring sport, football agility workouts will begin Today at 3:30. Remember to bring your cleats.
- Chick Fil A biscuits will be sold during break THURSDAY for $3.00 each. There will be no CFA sandwiches sold after school this Wednesday.
- The Lady Irish softball team picked up another district win last night against Bearden, 12-1. Easterly got the “W” on the mound while Katie Peery, Brianna Costello, Anne Carter, Kaitlin Gast, and Emma Schaad collected key hits to lead the Irish offense. The team travels to Farragut today at 5:30 p.m.
- Summer Job Opportunity: Club Eagle, Sacred Heart’s After School and Summer Program, is seeking qualified staff for their summer program. Staff members will supervise a variety of elementary aged students as they participate in arts and crafts, outdoor play, games and field trips. You must be 18 years old by June and they are looking specifically for male students. If you are interested, please contact Lizzie Hook at email@example.com for an interview.
- All Latin students should report to the gym at the start of lunch on Wednesday, March 28th for the Latin Club yearbook photo.”
- Haiti club members – our yearbook photo has been re-scheduled for today – on Wednesday, March 28th. Meet in the gym at the very beginning of lunch!
- Don’t forget: If you are looking for service hours, come to the Arbor Terrace nursing home on Wednesdays from 3:30-4:20 to volunteer! If interested, contact Natalie Eilerman or Clare Souder for more details. Seniors, this would be a great opportunity to earn some direct service. Your hours for the year are due on April 20th. Check the list in the fine arts hallway to see if you need hours.
- Please join us at the Town Hall on Parkland Wednesday evening in the KCHS Gym from 7 to 9 pm. KCHS students organized this event, which provides an open forum for everyone to discuss mass shooting prevention on a personal, school, and nationwide level. It is not a political debate, but rather an opportunity for everyone in our community to discuss concerns, ideas, opinions, etc. related to the mass shooting in Parkland. There will be a panel composed of students, staff, and a parent expert and first responder. Please join us! All voices are welcome. Refreshments will be served.
- Congratulations to the girls’ lacrosse team on their 19 – 10 victory over Gatlinburg-Pittman last night! Clare Stamper got the win in goal with a career-best 64% save percentage! Caroline Southall and Brooke Bellinghausen led the attack in scoring with 5 goals each, rounded out by Marisa McMichael and Sonya Nguyen with 3 goals each, Maggie Mock with 2, and Ofelia Sotero with 1. Go Lady Irish!!!